Why you should FREEZE your tofu! +3 Tasty Recipes
In this video I share with you three recipes to really showcase the amazing texture and flavour possibilities of frozen tofu. Crispy tofu nuggets, crispy garlic ginger tofu, and pan fried tamari tofu.
Let me know in the comments below if you are a tofu freezer or if you are going to try it after this video!
Thanks for watching.
MY NEW EBOOK EASY VEGAN COMFORT MEALS 🍍
FREE EASY VEGAN MEAL PLANNER 📝
SIMNETT NUTRITION MERCH 👕
0:27 Why Freeze Tofu
2:06 How To Freeze Tofu
2:52 How To Make Crispy Tofu Nuggets (Vegan Chicken Nuggets)
8:11 How To Make Crispy Garlic Ginger Tofu (Vegan Garlic Spare Ribs)
10:58 How To Make Easy Pan Fried Tamari Tofu
12:19 Thanks For Watching!
Crispy Breaded Tofu Nuggets
1 block of tofu cut into cubes/nuggets
200 ml veggie broth
3/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp onion powder
Wash:1/3 + 1 tbsp non dairy milk
1 tbsp flour (whole wheat)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt & pepper
1/2 – 1 cup panko breading
1. Soak tofu nuggets in veggie broth, garlic powder, onion powder.
2. Place nuggets in the wash, coating well.3. Bread in panko bread crumbs.
4. Bake in air fryer or oven (air fryer 10 minutes flip then another 10-15 @ 350-375F)
Oven 375f for approx 25 minutes
Crispy Garlic Ginger Tofu
1 block tofu cut into cubes
In one container add:
1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp of tamari
In a separate container make the dry mix:
1 tbsp of arrowroot powder (can use corn starch instead)
1.5 tsp of garlic powder
1.5 tsp onion powder
1 tsp of ginger powder
Directions:1. Add tofu cubes to tamari and sesame oil, coat well. Give it some squishes to absorb the flavours in.
2. Toss tofu in dry mix. Coat well.
3. Pre heat frying pan and add a bit of toasted sesame oil
4. Pan fry each side until brown – You don’t have to get every side brown if you don’t want, but it will taste best if you do.
Pan fried tamari tofu 1 block tofu, cut into cutlets
1-2 tbsp tamari (to taste)
1. Slice tofu into cutlets, sauté on medium heat and pour on 1 tbsp tamari. Move tofu around pan to make sure it soaks tamari up.
2. When each side is nicely cooked, remove from heat and serve.
USE MY VIVO LIFE AFFILIATE LINKS BELOW TO SUPPORT ME
UK/EU STORE: https://bit.ly/3khgdUe
USA/CANADA STORE: https://bit.ly/3XlHHqy
• INSTAGRAM (DEREK): https://instagram.com/simnettnutrition
• FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/simnettnutrition
WANT TO SEND ME SOMETHING TO TRY?
PO Box 413 Parksville
Parksville, BC, Canada V9P2G5
HERE ARE THINGS I USE & LOVE (CAMERA, FITNESS & KITCHEN GEAR, SUPPLEMENTS):
WHO AM I?
I’m Derek Simnett, a Certified Nutritional Practitioner.
I love calisthenics and making good food!
Check out my 2 year transformation: https://youtu.be/MUYqG3zEldc
#Tofu #cooking #simnettnutrition
Prabhas, a popular Indian actor, is known for his versatile hairstyles. He has sported a range of looks, from…