Whether it’s episodic or chronic, acute back pain is more common than you think.
If you are experiencing back pain and in need of quick relief, try these 4 stretching exercises daily.
To relieve you from the intense back pain, certain stretches do wonders in loosening and strengthening the lower back muscles.
Especially if your back pain is caused by excessive sitting and a sedentary lifestyle, stretching is key to easing and preventing the pain.
Stretching becomes even more essential if you are aging and experiencing a natural decline in strength.
Stretch to Relieve Back Pain
When experiencing backache, certain stretches can help to relieve the pain and bring fast comfort. But not all stretches are appropriate for the pain-prone area.
When stretching in pain, you need to stretch with care and safety in mind. If the causes of your back pain are injuries, medical conditions, or other health issues, seek professional help in your area. It’s important to set up an appropriate regimen that meets your individual needs.
If your pain is due to a sedentary lifestyle or repetitive moves like sitting too long or moving heavy boxes, simple, gentle stretches may be the way to go.
These stretching exercises work the ligaments and muscles that support your spine and posture. They also help loosen, decompress, and activate those shortened, unactivated muscles.
When performing these stretches, be aware of your body’s limits and be gentle with the inflamed area. It pays to listen to your body and work to gently unwind and activate those target areas.
Spend 30 – 60 seconds per stretch and remember to take deep breaths as you stretch.
If your pain persists, be sure to seek medical help in your area.
1. Child’s Pose
- Begin in a kneeling position, with your big toes together and your knees separated.
- Sitting on your heels, extend your arms forward, bringing your forehead towards the floor.
- Keep reaching your hips back toward your heels as the crown of your head reaches forward.
- Stay in Child’s Pose for several slow, deep breaths. Try to release tension in your back body each time you exhale. Perform this 3-5 times per week.
2. Knee-to-Chest Stretch
- Lie flat on your back.
- Next, pull your right knee up toward your chest, placing both of your hands on your shin.
- Hold this stretch for 30 seconds, repeat 4 times on both sides, and perform this 3-5 times per week.
3. Bridge Pose
- On a thick yoga mat, lie on your back with your feet flat on the mat. Bend your knees and adjust your feet so they are about hip-width apart. Rest your arm at your sides and keep your shoulders on the mat. Engage your core and glutes.
- Raise your hips until your pelvis lines up with your body. From your knees to your shoulders, it should be forming a straight line. Don’t over-extend your back as you raise your hips.
- Hold at the top. Feel the contraction in your glutes for 30 seconds and release. You may gently wiggle your hips side to side at the top for stretch. Complete 2-3 sets. Aim to perform this 3-5 times per week.
4. Seated Butterfly
- Sit on a yoga mat with your knees bent and your feet on the mat. Keep your feet together and bring them closer to your body.
- Unfold the knees and slowly open your legs so that the soles of your feet come together. Grab your feet with your hands and lean forward until you feel the stretch in your hips flexors.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds and feel the stretch. Repeat several times and perform this stretch 3-5 times a week.
Join The FREE Discord ➡️ https://discord.com/invite/getshitdone ⏱⏱VIDEO CHAPTERS⏱⏱ MAKE $$$ ONLINE LIKE ME 💸 ⬇️ =============================== 🎥 – WATCH…