Sharing the details about the upcoming Dr. Cabral EquiLife 7-day detox I’ll be doing along with my community. If you’d like to join in, check out the details below! You can also click here and use FITNESSISTA20 for 20% off.
Hey hey! Happy Wednesday! I hope you’re enjoying the week so far. The Pilot is off work today (wahoo!) so I’m looking forward to F45 and brunch together, and also recording a podcast episode for this blog post.
I’m about to head into another round of the EquiLife 7-day detox, and I’d love to invite you to join in on the fun. October is the perfect time for a lil kickstart and reset.
When you hear the word “detox,” you might immediately be turned off and rightly so.
A lot of detoxes are…well, terrible.
They’re not designed with a purpose, and the main goal is to drink (often sugary) liquids for a few days before resuming your life. I’ve done some juice cleanses with popular brands in the past. I usually didn’t last very long, and they typically left me feeling worn down, depleted, and hangry.
This one is entirely different. I’ve done it previously with amazing results, and I’m pumped to do it again. My body has been craving a bit of a “reset.” I’ve been enjoying sugar and processed foods more frequently than usual lately, and I’ve noticed a dip in my skin’s appearance and my energy levels. It’s time to kickstart my way back into my typical, sustainable habits with this little boost.
I’m going to be starting on October 17th and would love to do this as a community if you’d like to join in! (It would be so amazing to see 250 friends doing this and supporting each other along the way!)
7-day Dr. Cabral EquiLife Detox:
Here’s more about this 7-day detox:
– It’s a liver-based detox to help reset your body, provide a break from digesting heavy foods, and potentially help your body eliminate toxins that we accumulate from our environment. It includes functional medicine ingredients and Ayurvedic herbs to support phase 1 and 2 liver detoxification.
– It’s nutrition-focused. It includes the POWERHOUSE Daily Nutritional Support powder (which I’ve had in my smoothies for the past couple of months and notice a difference in how I feel when I drink this smoothie), and meal guidelines for the remaining meals. The goal is to NOT have your body depleted of nutrients during the process.
– It can potentially help with weight loss (although that’s not a focus for me), along with anti-aging, and total body wellness.
– It’s only 7 days! When I first started working with a naturopath (back in the old days! It was like 2010), he had me do a month-long detox that was similar in format (but did not include the Ayurvedic supplements). It’s so much easier to do for 7 days, and I feel like my results were even better from the extra nutritional support. (The first two days are supplements, fruit, and smoothies only, and on day 3, you add in nutrient-dense meals using their meal guideline/template.)
Top 6 ingredients that are included in the program:
1) N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), which can stimulate the production of glutathione in the body
2) Glutathione, which is an antioxidant that can aid in healing and liver detoxification
3) Broccophane, an antioxidant that can enhance the liver’s detoxification ability
4) Alpha Lipoic Acid, another antioxidant that can improve detoxification
5) Triphala, a trifecta of Ayurvedic herbs that can support detox and digestion
6) Vitamins and minerals, to support the body and help to close nutrient gaps
Each detox kit includes the following:
Daily Nutritional Support:
This one-stop-shop for vitamins, minerals, protein, electrolytes, and antioxidants is the heart-and-soul of the Dr.Cabral Detox. With 15 grams of vegan protein, Daily Nutritional Support provides your body with much-needed energy and nutrition while your body begins to rid itself of toxins.
Utilizing the most recent research in Functional Medicine, FM Detox provides the compounds necessary to support both phases of liver detoxification. Essential amino acids, antioxidants, and botanical extracts like milk thistle help the body to capture and move toxins to the liver where they can be metabolized and removed during phase two. Ingredients like dandelion root extract support the production of bile which aids in elimination. As a diuretic, dandelion root increases water supplied to the liver which facilitates toxin elimination in the urine.
Incorporating ancient Ayurvedic healing traditions that support optimal detoxification, the AM Detox helps begin the detox process. Various diuretics move water to the liver and increase the solubility of toxins. Triphala, the combination of three plants: Emblica Officinalis, Terminalia bellerica, and Terminalia chebula, have been studied for their roles in gastrointestinal health. When used in conjunction, it is suggested this powerful trio promotes the growth of beneficial gut microbes Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus, while inhibiting the growth of undesirable strains.
Things I’ve noticed after doing this detox when I started the IHP program:
– As someone who has had gallbladder concerns in the past (that I was able to resolve on my own), I always like to show my liver some extra support. I don’t have gallbladder pain at ALL anymore (I think quitting Beyond Meat helped with that, too), and after a successful first detox, I know I’ll be incorporating this into my routine at least twice a year.
– It was a very easy month for my cycle. I didn’t have any cramps or PMS symptoms, and I’ve learned that the months I’m more strategic with my workouts, sleep, stress relief, and nutrition, my cycles are uneventful in the best way.
– It reset my tastebuds. When I have more sugar in my diet, things like fruit and salad start to taste muted to me. By bringing things back to basics, it reawakened my senses to what I like to food to taste like, and I could go back to fully enjoying my meals and being present at meal times.
– I don’t weigh myself regularly, but noticed that my clothes fit better after completely the detox. I felt less bloated and inflamed.
This detox is NOT for you IF:
– you currently have or are recovering from an eating disorder. Keep working on improving your relationship with food and your health, and know that I’m cheering for you and sending you my love and support.
– you are training for a strenuous event or need to maintain a super active lifestyle. For days 1-2 you want to take it easy (walks, stretching, gentle yoga, or nothing at all). If you’re not able to do that, you can do a modified version of the detox by having the smoothies for breakfast and lunch, and then a nutrient-dense dinner at night. Let me know if you have questions on how to do this!
– You have any health concerns that would prevent you from joining in.
****As always, check with your doctor before making and fitness or nutrition changes. Honor your body.
How to join + a discount code:
If you’d like to join in, you can click this link and enter FITNESSISTA20 for 20% your program! There are hundreds of amazing reviews on the site, too.
Once you sign up, join our private Facebook group here so we can stay connected and support each other along the way. Detox starts October 17.
If you have questions about the program, I’m hopping on Instagram Live with Dr. Cabral at 10am PST / 1pm EST tomorrow to answer any questions! If you have questions we can answer, leave them in the comments below!
Can’t wait to do this along with you and hear about your results. <3
This article was originally published by Fitnessista.com. Read the original article here.